- Why Staying Single In Your 20s Can Be a Very Good Thing
- 4 Reasons to Travel In Your 20s
- 4 Reasons Not To Spend Your 20s In a Drunken Haze
- How to Make Your 20s Count
- 4 Things You Didn’t Know About Negotiating For Your Salary
- Top 5 Biggest Career Mistakes for Generation Y-ers
- Master the 6 Toughest Interview Questions
- Top 5 Beautiful Resume Ideas That Work
- Interactive Infographic: Which Career is Right for You?
- Infographic: What Women Want Financially
10 Songs That Make You More Productive
A recent startup, [email protected], is wholly devoted to the science behind music and its relationship to productivity. They have devised an app that aims to increase productivity by playing music which has been scientifically proven to relax the neural networks and promote better thinking and clarity. They go into a great deal of specific detail about the research behind the program, which favors ambient sounds and low-BPM music to stimulate “alpha state” and increased focus.
Whether you believe the science or not, chances are you have some songs that get your productivity meter’s needle buried. Here are ten of our favorites.
1. “Yeah Yeah Yeah Song,” The Flaming Lips
Despite the research by [email protected] that says slower songs work better, it still seems like a high-energy jam can really get your motor running. This is an upbeat, inspiring song for anytime – work, workout, or play. You’ll be thinking about what to do “with all your power” for a long time after this song gets stuck in your head.