- Why Staying Single In Your 20s Can Be a Very Good Thing
- 4 Reasons to Travel In Your 20s
- 4 Reasons Not To Spend Your 20s In a Drunken Haze
- How to Make Your 20s Count
- 4 Things You Didn’t Know About Negotiating For Your Salary
- Top 5 Biggest Career Mistakes for Generation Y-ers
- Master the 6 Toughest Interview Questions
- Top 5 Beautiful Resume Ideas That Work
- Interactive Infographic: Which Career is Right for You?
- Infographic: What Women Want Financially
3 New Rules of Making Money in 2014
The new year always brings with it certain promises, whether it be to change things about your personal life or to strive harder for the things you really want. For many, 2014 is a year devoted to finding new ways to make money.
After all, the economy is slowly recovering, and new technologies are popping up seemingly every day to make our lives better and more productive. What better time to rewrite the rulebook on making money?
Here we cover some new rules for making money as the calendar year turns.
The Old Rule: Make More Money, Spend More Money
The New Rule: Spending Less = Making More
There are countless blogs devoted to the idea of living frugally and getting the most out of your income, and many make some useful points. Among these is the danger of falling prey to the mentality that you need all the amenities and luxuries of modern life, with all the price tags that come with those things.