- Why Staying Single In Your 20s Can Be a Very Good Thing
- 4 Reasons to Travel In Your 20s
- 4 Reasons Not To Spend Your 20s In a Drunken Haze
- How to Make Your 20s Count
- 4 Things You Didn’t Know About Negotiating For Your Salary
- Top 5 Biggest Career Mistakes for Generation Y-ers
- Master the 6 Toughest Interview Questions
- Top 5 Beautiful Resume Ideas That Work
- Interactive Infographic: Which Career is Right for You?
- Infographic: What Women Want Financially
4 Reasons Not To Spend Your 20s In a Drunken Haze
It’s not hard to see why 20-somethings are all about partying and enjoying life. The 20s are now a time of not-quite-responsible adulthood, and the YOLO philosophy has definitely taken a strong hold of our culture in the past few years.
Listen to a Top 40 station and half the songs will be about partying until the world ends. Maybe it has something to do with the fairly hopeless economic situation that Gen Y has been tossed into, but who knows?
Regardless, spending the next 10 years of your life partying might sound fun, but you should know it’s not all it’s cracked up to be.. and get off our lawn, too! In all seriousness, here’s why you might want to tone down the party, at least a little.
You’re Not Invincible
You might be able to bounce back after a night of heavy drinking (for now… see how you feel 3 years from now, after a night of shots and shotgunning), but it doesn’t mean that overindulging isn’t going to eventually take a toll on your health.