- Why Staying Single In Your 20s Can Be a Very Good Thing
- 4 Reasons to Travel In Your 20s
- 4 Reasons Not To Spend Your 20s In a Drunken Haze
- How to Make Your 20s Count
- 4 Things You Didn’t Know About Negotiating For Your Salary
- Top 5 Biggest Career Mistakes for Generation Y-ers
- Master the 6 Toughest Interview Questions
- Top 5 Beautiful Resume Ideas That Work
- Interactive Infographic: Which Career is Right for You?
- Infographic: What Women Want Financially
5 Biggest Goofs Made By Newbies on the Job
Are you preparing for your first day at work? We all know that first days can be stressful – it’s a new environment and getting used to that takes time. However, if you are a new employee, there are certain common mistakes that you should avoid.
These top 5 goofs are commonly made by newbies in the job world and will be sure to lose you the respect of your peers and supervisors.
1. Ignoring the Dress Code
One of the biggest goofs made by new workers is blatant disobedience of the dress code. For your first day at a new job, you obviously want to look your best. However, looking your best does not mean drastically changing your appearance from when you were hired.
You never want to start your first day with crazy hair colors, visible piercings and tattoos, or an outfit that looks unprofessional. These common mistakes in attire can ruin your first impression.