- Why Staying Single In Your 20s Can Be a Very Good Thing
- 4 Reasons to Travel In Your 20s
- 4 Reasons Not To Spend Your 20s In a Drunken Haze
- How to Make Your 20s Count
- 4 Things You Didn’t Know About Negotiating For Your Salary
- Top 5 Biggest Career Mistakes for Generation Y-ers
- Master the 6 Toughest Interview Questions
- Top 5 Beautiful Resume Ideas That Work
- Interactive Infographic: Which Career is Right for You?
- Infographic: What Women Want Financially
5 Career Mistakes to Avoid
There are numerous articles floating around the web about the millennial generation and their quest to find careers in a struggling economy. With websites offering advice, criticism, and “rules” to follow at every juncture, it is difficult to determine exactly how you should go about your career search, as well as which mistakes to avoid.
At Career Dare, we want to offer you the best advice that allows you to get ahead without getting burned out. These common mistakes, however, will easily get in your way.
1. Not Paying Attention to Your Social Media Use
One of the major problems for the current generation searching for jobs is the prevalence of poor social media use. Because we post anything and everything on social media, employers have now made it standard to research prospective employees before hiring them.
Don’t risk showing your unprofessional side by posting inappropriate statuses, photos of yourself drinking, or anything sexually explicit. In addition, employers recommend that you not discuss job interviews on social media sites – keep that information private until you actually land the job.