- Why Staying Single In Your 20s Can Be a Very Good Thing
- 4 Reasons to Travel In Your 20s
- 4 Reasons Not To Spend Your 20s In a Drunken Haze
- How to Make Your 20s Count
- 4 Things You Didn’t Know About Negotiating For Your Salary
- Top 5 Biggest Career Mistakes for Generation Y-ers
- Master the 6 Toughest Interview Questions
- Top 5 Beautiful Resume Ideas That Work
- Interactive Infographic: Which Career is Right for You?
- Infographic: What Women Want Financially
5 Degree Programs to Avoid
Nobody wants to hear that their college degree is worth less than the paper on which it is printed but, unfortunately, that may be the case for some recent college graduates. With opportunities as scarce as they are, many people are learning that their undergraduate degree in early Phoenician literature does not guarantee them a job.
More and more college and career type services are cautioning prospective college students against pursuing certain degree programs based on their extremely low return on investment. To be blunt, certain degrees will not guarantee you a living wage, let alone the opportunity to pay off your student loans in this lifetime.
Forbes, JobsForVeterans.Military.com, Bloomberg Businessweek, The New York Times and Salary.com have all published their own unique lists. Having considered them all carefully, here are the top five degree programs you should avoid: