- Why Staying Single In Your 20s Can Be a Very Good Thing
- 4 Reasons to Travel In Your 20s
- 4 Reasons Not To Spend Your 20s In a Drunken Haze
- How to Make Your 20s Count
- 4 Things You Didn’t Know About Negotiating For Your Salary
- Top 5 Biggest Career Mistakes for Generation Y-ers
- Master the 6 Toughest Interview Questions
- Top 5 Beautiful Resume Ideas That Work
- Interactive Infographic: Which Career is Right for You?
- Infographic: What Women Want Financially
5 High Paying Careers That Are Hiring Now
If you’ve been assuming that the very slow recovery of the economy has totally killed any chance you have of securing a high-paying job, think again. While it’s true that many of the jobs recently created in most fields are lower-paying, entry-level positions that can feel like they’re taking advantage of un- and underemployed college grads, that’s not the case across the board.
In fact, there are a number of high-paying careers that are hiring right now and that are slated to produce even more high-paying jobs within the next couple of years. Check it out.
Information Security Analyst
With an increased move toward cloud-based computing, IT security is becoming more important than ever for businesses throughout the country. The field is projected to grow by over a quarter in the next decade, creating tons of jobs for tech-savvy individuals who can earn anywhere from $40K to upwards of $120K per year, depending on experience, the company they work for, and exactly what they do.
In terms of education, you’ll likely need a bachelor’s degree in computer science or programming, with some firms looking for a master’s level education for the highest paying positions.