- Why Staying Single In Your 20s Can Be a Very Good Thing
- 4 Reasons to Travel In Your 20s
- 4 Reasons Not To Spend Your 20s In a Drunken Haze
- How to Make Your 20s Count
- 4 Things You Didn’t Know About Negotiating For Your Salary
- Top 5 Biggest Career Mistakes for Generation Y-ers
- Master the 6 Toughest Interview Questions
- Top 5 Beautiful Resume Ideas That Work
- Interactive Infographic: Which Career is Right for You?
- Infographic: What Women Want Financially
5 Things That Could Get You Fired
Can I get fired for that? If you have to ask, the answer is probably yes. A common mistake for those new to the job world is poor office etiquette. Don’t be that newbie who spends all of their time on Facebook, starts relationships with co-workers, or feeds the fire for office gossip. These 5 things are easy ways to lose your job and leave yourself without a references for a new one.
1. Bringing Personal Problems to Work
One big office no-no is bringing your personal problems into the workplace. Talking about your bitchy friends, overbearing parents, and especially your sex life are bound to earn displeasure from your boss at best and firing at worst. It’s unlikely that a first offense will get you fired right off the bat, but if you combine excessive discussion of your personal problems with a poor work ethic, chances are you will be let go.