- Why Staying Single In Your 20s Can Be a Very Good Thing
- 4 Reasons to Travel In Your 20s
- 4 Reasons Not To Spend Your 20s In a Drunken Haze
- How to Make Your 20s Count
- 4 Things You Didn’t Know About Negotiating For Your Salary
- Top 5 Biggest Career Mistakes for Generation Y-ers
- Master the 6 Toughest Interview Questions
- Top 5 Beautiful Resume Ideas That Work
- Interactive Infographic: Which Career is Right for You?
- Infographic: What Women Want Financially
5 Tips To Enjoy Labor Day For The Unemployed
For those who are currently unemployed, going through Labor day will probably not be as satisfying. Labor day is suppose to be a well-deserved holiday from all the hard work you’ve done for your company.
It is a time to relax and recuperate so it’s completely normal to feel depressed about going through this holiday if you haven’t been working in the past few weeks. It’s like going through Halloween without having any candies. However, there are ways to enjoy labor day even if you’re still looking for a job.
1. Accept what cannot be changed
So you don’t have a job, would it help to know almost 15 million Americans are unemployed today? Probably not, so don’t sweat the details. There’s no point to go look for a job on Labor day since pretty much everything is closed.
Whatever payments you need to make or if you’re already behind with your payments, it can wait one day. There’s no point in stressing over this.