- Why Staying Single In Your 20s Can Be a Very Good Thing
- 4 Reasons to Travel In Your 20s
- 4 Reasons Not To Spend Your 20s In a Drunken Haze
- How to Make Your 20s Count
- 4 Things You Didn’t Know About Negotiating For Your Salary
- Top 5 Biggest Career Mistakes for Generation Y-ers
- Master the 6 Toughest Interview Questions
- Top 5 Beautiful Resume Ideas That Work
- Interactive Infographic: Which Career is Right for You?
- Infographic: What Women Want Financially
6 Coping Mechanisms Proven to Work
Are you struggling with stress and anxiety? Rest assured that nearly everyone is dealing with stress and anxiety about some aspect of their life. The reason that some people seem less stressed than others is because they have developed good coping mechanisms that work for them.
Coping mechanisms are the key to managing stress and calming anxiety in the face of any obstacle, from school to work to your personal life. Try some of these coping mechanisms to lighten your load.
Experts agree that deep breathing is an excellent way to reduce stress and anxiety in the moment. If you are feeling anxious about a situation, a project you are working on, or any other stressor, try deep breathing to calm your body.
When we are stressed out, our nervous system is stimulated and we have a physical response. Deep breathing will help you to slow your heart rate and reduce the body’s expression of stress.