- Why Staying Single In Your 20s Can Be a Very Good Thing
- 4 Reasons to Travel In Your 20s
- 4 Reasons Not To Spend Your 20s In a Drunken Haze
- How to Make Your 20s Count
- 4 Things You Didn’t Know About Negotiating For Your Salary
- Top 5 Biggest Career Mistakes for Generation Y-ers
- Master the 6 Toughest Interview Questions
- Top 5 Beautiful Resume Ideas That Work
- Interactive Infographic: Which Career is Right for You?
- Infographic: What Women Want Financially
6 Worst Careers For Very Smart People
Data entry is something that involves very little thought on a daily basis, meaning that intelligent people will lack the stimulation they need from a work environment to remain productive.
Becoming a telemarketer is yet another unpleasant job for a very smart person to hold. As a telemarketer, all you will do is sit in a cubicle and make unsolicited phone calls to strangers. This is a job that is both thankless, as the majority of your calls will not be well received, and boring, as it does not allow you to think independently. As with data entry, becoming a telemarketer is another career path with no stimulation or room for growth.
Getting a job as a receptionist is another career that involves mundane tasks and little intellectual stimulation. As a receptionist, you will spend your days answering the phone, relaying messages, and interacting with visitors to your office. This job will not only be boring for the intelligent, but it is also a job that is frequently devalued and often faces cuts during times of recession. As very smart person, a receptionist is not the job for you.