- Why Staying Single In Your 20s Can Be a Very Good Thing
- 4 Reasons to Travel In Your 20s
- 4 Reasons Not To Spend Your 20s In a Drunken Haze
- How to Make Your 20s Count
- 4 Things You Didn’t Know About Negotiating For Your Salary
- Top 5 Biggest Career Mistakes for Generation Y-ers
- Master the 6 Toughest Interview Questions
- Top 5 Beautiful Resume Ideas That Work
- Interactive Infographic: Which Career is Right for You?
- Infographic: What Women Want Financially
7 Tips to Balance Your Work and Personal Life
Balancing work and home life is one of the most challenging aspects of any career. Almost every working person experiences this struggle in some form or another.
The reason people talk so much about it is because it is simply that important: achieving the perfect work-life balance is every working person’s dream, an ideal situation where their productivity is maximized without compromising any of the things that make them happy at home.
Here are seven vital ways we can all improve our work-life balance and strive for that ideal:
1. Plan Your Downtime
There have been many variations on this theme, but what it boils down to is that you cannot expect to have time to relax and decompress unless you make time to relax and decompress.
To many people it seems like an oxymoron to have to plan out their relaxation time, but it’s been shown time and again that if that time is not specifically scheduled, it will never happen.
Something pressing will always come up that could be taken care of instead. In the end, that much needed downtime often gets neglected, resulting in stress and burnout.