- Why Staying Single In Your 20s Can Be a Very Good Thing
- 4 Reasons to Travel In Your 20s
- 4 Reasons Not To Spend Your 20s In a Drunken Haze
- How to Make Your 20s Count
- 4 Things You Didn’t Know About Negotiating For Your Salary
- Top 5 Biggest Career Mistakes for Generation Y-ers
- Master the 6 Toughest Interview Questions
- Top 5 Beautiful Resume Ideas That Work
- Interactive Infographic: Which Career is Right for You?
- Infographic: What Women Want Financially
How to Fight Fear and Win
Whether it’s a job interview or a major presentation before potential clients, there are many situations where fear can take the better of us.
Fortunately, there are steps we can take to mentally and emotionally prepare our minds for the various challenges that appear. Because fear can compromise our ability to work efficiently and productively, it’s crucial to understand how we can fight fear and win.
1. Learn to Breathe
Strategic breathing is one of the most effective tools to combat anxiety immediately. There’s a reason everyone always tells you to “take a deep breath” in a stressful situation. However, there’s more to this than simply deep breathing.
Quick, shallow breathing actually catapults a series of physical processes into place that enhance the symptoms of anxiety. In other words, if you learn to breathe, you can learn to control the amount of fear you feel.