- Why Staying Single In Your 20s Can Be a Very Good Thing
- 4 Reasons to Travel In Your 20s
- 4 Reasons Not To Spend Your 20s In a Drunken Haze
- How to Make Your 20s Count
- 4 Things You Didn’t Know About Negotiating For Your Salary
- Top 5 Biggest Career Mistakes for Generation Y-ers
- Master the 6 Toughest Interview Questions
- Top 5 Beautiful Resume Ideas That Work
- Interactive Infographic: Which Career is Right for You?
- Infographic: What Women Want Financially
How to Get Yourself that Promotion
Many people, young people especially, struggle with feeling as though they are stuck in a dead end job with no promotion in sight.
If your career has lacked upward mobility for a while, it may be time to take matters into your own hands and single yourself out for the next promotion. It is not an easy task, but it is definitely doable.
Here is how to set yourself up to be the next person in the office to get a promotion:
1. Decide if you actually want a promotion. Sounds stupid, right? Of course you want a promotion. Everyone wants a promotion.
Actually, you need to decide if you want a promotion. Many people are actually just looking for a raise.
True, a promotion typically does mean more money, but it also means an increase in responsibility and accountability. Not to mention the increased visibility at your company will mean that more eyes are on you. If this is indeed something that you want, forge ahead!