- Why Staying Single In Your 20s Can Be a Very Good Thing
- 4 Reasons to Travel In Your 20s
- 4 Reasons Not To Spend Your 20s In a Drunken Haze
- How to Make Your 20s Count
- 4 Things You Didn’t Know About Negotiating For Your Salary
- Top 5 Biggest Career Mistakes for Generation Y-ers
- Master the 6 Toughest Interview Questions
- Top 5 Beautiful Resume Ideas That Work
- Interactive Infographic: Which Career is Right for You?
- Infographic: What Women Want Financially
How to Use Facebook to Land a Job Interview
Oh Facebook. Everybody loves Facebook. Well, most everybody loves Facebook. We use Facebook for everything, from documenting the exciting trajectory of a recent bar crawl to posting rants about our obnoxious neighbors. But did you know that you can use Facebook to land an interview for your dream job?
You can! And you will if you follow these simple steps.
1. Clean it up. This should go without saying, but if you are seriously considering using your Facebook profile to give yourself an edge in the job hunt, you are going to have to do a little bit of housekeeping. Go through your pictures and untag anything untoward. Make sure all the statuses visible on your timeline are scrubbed of profanity and other unflattering behavior. You might also want to take this time to go through your friends list and tidy that up, as well. Remember, you have to build your professional Facebook persona from the ground up and this is a vital step in that process.