- Why Staying Single In Your 20s Can Be a Very Good Thing
- 4 Reasons to Travel In Your 20s
- 4 Reasons Not To Spend Your 20s In a Drunken Haze
- How to Make Your 20s Count
- 4 Things You Didn’t Know About Negotiating For Your Salary
- Top 5 Biggest Career Mistakes for Generation Y-ers
- Master the 6 Toughest Interview Questions
- Top 5 Beautiful Resume Ideas That Work
- Interactive Infographic: Which Career is Right for You?
- Infographic: What Women Want Financially
Set Yourself Up For Success: How to Create Reasonable Goals
Everyone struggles to set goals that are reasonable and doable. Even more so, we all struggle to achieve the goals we set. Often, the reason that you fail to achieve your goals is because you are aiming too high. You may also lack a viable plan to meet your goals. Follow these steps to help you with more productive goal setting, planning, and achieving so that you can move forward with life’s journey.
The first step in determining your goals is to ask yourself questions. It may seem silly, but when it comes to planning for our futures, most of us don’t take the time to truly think about what we want. More often than not, we go along with others’ ideas of what our goals should be. Take a moment to sit down and ask yourself important questions about your future. Make a list:
– What is my passion?
– What are my interests?
– What am I good at?
– What do I want most out of life?
– Where do I want to live?
– What is my ideal job?
– How can I get that job?
– What do I want in terms of family?