- Why Staying Single In Your 20s Can Be a Very Good Thing
- 4 Reasons to Travel In Your 20s
- 4 Reasons Not To Spend Your 20s In a Drunken Haze
- How to Make Your 20s Count
- 4 Things You Didn’t Know About Negotiating For Your Salary
- Top 5 Biggest Career Mistakes for Generation Y-ers
- Master the 6 Toughest Interview Questions
- Top 5 Beautiful Resume Ideas That Work
- Interactive Infographic: Which Career is Right for You?
- Infographic: What Women Want Financially
Starting A New Job? Here’s What You Need To Know
Finally, the countless hours that you put into your job search have paid off: you found a new job! Now it is time to tackle your next daunting endeavor, which of course is the first day of work. Your first day at a new job can be nerve-wracking, but there are plenty of ways to make your transition smoothly.
By learning the rules of your office, taking charge of your position, and easing into your new peer group, you will be able to better assimilate into the environment. Check out these four tips for a first day of work that sets the stage for success.
1. Veteran Workers Are Your Friends
When you arrive at the office for your first day of work, you will be faced with a mass of new people, handshakes, and awkward introductions. Within this new peer group, there is one person you should be looking for – a veteran worker, one who has been at the company for as long as anyone can remember and knows the ins and outs of the place.