- Why Staying Single In Your 20s Can Be a Very Good Thing
- 4 Reasons to Travel In Your 20s
- 4 Reasons Not To Spend Your 20s In a Drunken Haze
- How to Make Your 20s Count
- 4 Things You Didn’t Know About Negotiating For Your Salary
- Top 5 Biggest Career Mistakes for Generation Y-ers
- Master the 6 Toughest Interview Questions
- Top 5 Beautiful Resume Ideas That Work
- Interactive Infographic: Which Career is Right for You?
- Infographic: What Women Want Financially
The Value of Bumps in the Road
Life rarely goes according to our every expectation. In fact, some “bumps in the road” or challenges can be expected no matter what industry you are in. Although unexpected bumps in the road are never fun, how you respond to them says a lot about who you are as a person.
Are You a Victim?
Some people respond to bumps in the road with very little resilience. Every challenge, no matter how small, sends them into a tailspin of doubt and self-loathing. These people are the same ones that you see moaning, “Why does everything have to happen to me?!” whenever anything challenging happens.
Although everyone is entitled to a moment of upset over an unexpected challenge, it is the ones that dwell on the challenge without reacting to it that end up becoming victims. If you want to grow from the challenges that you face, it is imperative that you respond appropriately.