- Why Staying Single In Your 20s Can Be a Very Good Thing
- 4 Reasons to Travel In Your 20s
- 4 Reasons Not To Spend Your 20s In a Drunken Haze
- How to Make Your 20s Count
- 4 Things You Didn’t Know About Negotiating For Your Salary
- Top 5 Biggest Career Mistakes for Generation Y-ers
- Master the 6 Toughest Interview Questions
- Top 5 Beautiful Resume Ideas That Work
- Interactive Infographic: Which Career is Right for You?
- Infographic: What Women Want Financially
Top 5 Biggest Career Mistakes for Generation Y-ers
The good news is that you don’t have to risk your career to learn, and then avoid, these mistakes. Here are the top 5 biggest career mistakes that members of Generation Y make:
1. Not Cleaning Up Their Online Lives
At one point or another, you have probably heard a speech from someone about how the content you post to the internet will last forever, and could possibly ruin your life. At the risk of sounding dramatic, it would appear that those speeches are true.
Sure, you probably don’t have to completely delete your online presence to obtain and maintain your dream job, but you do have to keep your internet trail clean.
What should absolutely be scrubbed from your social media profiles? Pictures of hard core partying (especially featuring drug usage), any questionable status updates you’ve posted (take down any profanity, or anything negative about a place of work), and anything indicating your political and religious affiliations – technically, it’s illegal to deny someone a job for political or religious reasons, but why take the risk?