- Why Staying Single In Your 20s Can Be a Very Good Thing
- 4 Reasons to Travel In Your 20s
- 4 Reasons Not To Spend Your 20s In a Drunken Haze
- How to Make Your 20s Count
- 4 Things You Didn’t Know About Negotiating For Your Salary
- Top 5 Biggest Career Mistakes for Generation Y-ers
- Master the 6 Toughest Interview Questions
- Top 5 Beautiful Resume Ideas That Work
- Interactive Infographic: Which Career is Right for You?
- Infographic: What Women Want Financially
Top 6 Tips to Stay Motivated During Your Job Search
We all know that the job search can be tough, especially when news reports are constantly discussing the lack of jobs in the U.S. However, the worst thing that can happen to you during a lengthy job search is losing your motivation.
Without motivation, it is easy to fall into the trap of feeling like you will never find a job, in turn causing you to stop trying as hard as you should. With these six tips, you can restore your job search motivation and continue persevering until you reach success.
1. Treat Your Search Like a Job
The key to keeping yourself on track during a job search is treating the search like a job in and of itself. First, set yourself a schedule for each day. Wake up at a reasonable hour, similar to when you would get up for work.
To keep yourself on task throughout the day, determine how much time you will spend searching and how many jobs you must apply to before the “work” day is over. You should also try to work at a desk or an environment outside of your house.