- Why Staying Single In Your 20s Can Be a Very Good Thing
- 4 Reasons to Travel In Your 20s
- 4 Reasons Not To Spend Your 20s In a Drunken Haze
- How to Make Your 20s Count
- 4 Things You Didn’t Know About Negotiating For Your Salary
- Top 5 Biggest Career Mistakes for Generation Y-ers
- Master the 6 Toughest Interview Questions
- Top 5 Beautiful Resume Ideas That Work
- Interactive Infographic: Which Career is Right for You?
- Infographic: What Women Want Financially
What Successful People Do Before Breakfast
No one ever calls an emergency business meeting at 6 am, for instance. Instead, this time before breakfast is yours to focus on yourself and the goals for the day. Many of the things that successful people do before breakfast include:
It takes a lot of willpower to exercise first thing in the morning, but the time crunch before work ensures that you get your daily workout in. When you save your workout for after work, it’s easy to say that you’re too tired or that you’ll “do it tomorrow“.
Beginning your day with a workout not only ensures that you experience relaxing and invigorating exercise, but that your body also releases natural mood enhancers – endorphins – that will positively impact the rest of your day.
3. Setting the Internal Compass
Before the bustle and craziness of the workday, successful professionals often spend their mornings envisioning exactly what they want their day to look like. Research shows that mentally planning your day before breakfast increases the likelihood that you will accomplish those very goals.
By setting your internal compass before you ever leave your house, your mind will subconsciously focus and think through the logistics to help you track time and prioritize.